Definitions and interpretation
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Masjid Live is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy,your Data Will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance With the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause be10W (Security).
10. Masjid Live may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing With certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we Will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you Will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
17. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
19. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Masjid Live (Where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which Will not exceed £0.
20. Data security is of great importance to Masjid Live and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
21. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
22. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
23. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA We also share information With our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.